- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tbsp Moscatel vinegar
- ½ tsp kosher or fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ cup/50 g golden raisins
- 1 medium celery root, about 12 oz/340 g, trimmed, peeled, and cut into matchsticks
- ¾ cup/105 g thinly sliced celery heart (see Cook’s Note)
- ½ cup/25 g lightly packed celery leaves
- ¼ cup/15 g lightly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add
the raisins and set aside for at least 15 minutes to allow the raisins to plump.
2 In a large bowl, combine the celery root, celery heart, celery leaves, and parsley and toss
to mix. Whisk together the dressing briefly, then pour just enough over the salad to coat
the ingredients lightly and toss well. You may not need all of the dressing. Taste and adjust
3 Set the salad aside at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld
Use only the lightest green, innermost ribs—the heart—of the celery.